Watermelon Vodka / Alpine Strawberry Bacardi

What other fruit do you bottle? Exchange recipe ideas here (No sloes or damsons here please)

Moderators: SloeHoHo, Blackthorn

Galloway Gal
Location: The Stewartry of Kirkcudbrightshire, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland

Watermelon Vodka / Alpine Strawberry Bacardi

Post by Galloway Gal » 28 Sep 2015, 00:41

I thought I'd just mention the weird mixture of fruits and booze I have macerating at the moment in case it serves as an inspiration (or a warning!) for others re: what works and what doesn't.

Currently I have the following sitting around in the kitchen:
Watermelon Vodka
Alpine Strawberry Bacardi
Rhubarb Vodka
Melon Vodka (can't recall if is Galia or Honeydew and I didn't label it. Doh!)
Wild Raspberry Vodka
Cherry Brandy

Some of these were the product of my very overgrown and untidy garden still tending to my needs after years of neglect (raspberries / strawberries), the watermelon vodka is because I had eyes bigger than my belly when I purchased the bloomin' thing and the Bacardi was the result of inheriting four bottles of Bacardi when the Mother-in-Common-Law popped off a year or two ago. They're all still doing their thing (I tend to leave my drinks for a minimum of six months, often longer) so I'll try and remember to feedback about what works and what doesn't.

Back later...

Galloway Gal

Galloway Gal
Location: The Stewartry of Kirkcudbrightshire, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland

Re: Watermelon Vodka / Alpine Strawberry Bacardi

Post by Galloway Gal » 28 Sep 2015, 00:49

Oooops! I forgot one other, rather intriguing, concoction from the list above.

Having given Elderflower "Champagne" up as a bad job after it didn't keep a few years back, this year I have steeped some elderflowers in vodka and added sugar. It's infusing at the mo - so that's another one I'll be reporting back upon at / after Christmas.

*Hic*

Galloway Gal