Rasperry liquor

What other fruit do you bottle? Exchange recipe ideas here (No sloes or damsons here please)

Moderators: SloeHoHo, Blackthorn

qahtan

Rasperry liquor

Post by qahtan » 27 Sep 2008, 19:51

Raspberry Liqueur
750 ml vodka
2 c. sugar
Lots of raspberries
Pour the vodka into a nice large container, preferably glass. (Or, alternately, drink a couple glasses of vodka, then you'll have room in the bottle
Add sugar. Close container/bottle & shake vigorously until sugar dissolves. I usually do this step about 1/4 cup at a time: add 1/4 c., shake to dissolve, etc.
Add enough raspberries to fill up container. Shake vigorously. Put container in dark cupboard. Take out once/week and shake. Should be ready in 6 months (or sooner, depending on how you like your liqueur) Strain thru muslin, bottle into clean bottle and
Store in dark cupboard.
Now, the technical way to do this is to make a sugar syrup-- water, sugar, heated on the stove. Too much trouble, too much to wash afterwards and I'm too careless with sugar on the stove. Not sure if it comes out better with the syrup, but it tastes just fine this way.
;-)))) qahtan

froggie

Re: Rasperry liquor

Post by froggie » 19 Oct 2009, 15:19

I have an abundance of rasberries every year in my garden here in Navarra, the Basque Country (typical patxaran country)
I use sweet 28% anis.
This year i've mixed rasberries with :
anis and white rum and a little sugar
anis and vodka and a little sugar
anis on it's own
and anis with orujo (which is like a grappa 44%)and a little sugar

all these drinks I mix by eye, sod all the measurements, it's all quite logical (rasberries with anything are delicious, you can't go wrong)