Damson Brandy

What other spirits do you use for bottling fruit? Exchange recipe ideas here

Moderators: SloeHoHo, Blackthorn

Sloe-ly Does It!

Damson Brandy

Post by Sloe-ly Does It! » 29 Aug 2007, 23:55

The other year I made some Damson Brandy - it was very, very smooth and rather more-ish, it didn't last long at all especially as my mother had great fun in helping me finish it off, we also used the 'pickled' damsons as a Christmas dessert served with cream - one for the adults only! :D

Sloe-ly Does It!

Post by Sloe-ly Does It! » 06 Sep 2007, 01:04

Sorry :oops: I should have stated for anyone who is interested in the Damson Brandy that I simply used the Sloe Gin recipe but swapped the Sloes with Damsons and the Gin with Brandy. Sloe-ly Does It!

shinobi

Post by shinobi » 06 Sep 2007, 10:41

Sounds good.

I've made sloe brandy with the sloes that I'd taken out of the sloe gin. Just left them in for a bit longer. As the colour isn't as important in the brandy.

Shinobi

Sloe-ly Does It!

Post by Sloe-ly Does It! » 09 Sep 2007, 03:05

Hi Shinobi,

Using the sloes from the gin for the brandy sounds good, you say you left them in the gin a bit longer, how much longer if you don't mind me asking? Also after you've transferred them to the brandy, how long do you then leave them in there? Sloe-ly Does It! :D

shinobi

Post by shinobi » 09 Sep 2007, 16:50

Errm, I can't remember to be honest. I guess it was about six months. I just followed my usual sloe gin recipe, but substituted the gin for brandy. I could tell that the sloes had plenty of "life" left in them. I thought it was a shame to waste them.

Enjoy!

Shinobi

Sloe-ly Does It!

Post by Sloe-ly Does It! » 09 Sep 2007, 23:50

Mmmm, I'll give it a go and see - trial and error I guess, but I'm sure it'll turn out okay - I look forward to trying it. Many thanks, Sloe-ly Does It!