white rum & blackberry or sloe

What other spirits do you use for bottling fruit? Exchange recipe ideas here

Moderators: SloeHoHo, Blackthorn

graham.p

white rum & blackberry or sloe

Post by graham.p » 09 Oct 2006, 22:43

Hi everyone ,my first posting just wondering has anyone tried sloes or blackberry with white rum thought it might be Ok would welcome any replies or suggestions
Thanks

sloeber

Post by sloeber » 10 Oct 2006, 12:13

Hi graham not tried anything with white rum but nothing stopping you from experimenting. If you do try it would be good to hear the results. Good luck

shocker

Rum

Post by shocker » 12 Nov 2006, 18:25

Hi,
I´ve tried sloes with white rum, was rather disappointed so I poured it into a party punch, but was very pleased with dark rum. A bit of an acquired taste, and definitely improves with age.
After a few years it´s at its best, and I´ve been using it to feed my Christmas cake for some years now!!

midgetgem

White rum and Blackberry

Post by midgetgem » 16 Oct 2007, 11:46

Hello folks. This is my first time on the site - a quick reply to graham.p re blackberries in white rum. I made it last year as a way of using up the fruit left over from my wife's jam making. Can't say I was thrilled but the wife downed the lot - 2 litres in 2 months - said it was gorgeous though a little sweet. So this year I've cut the sugar by half and put down 3 litres which should be ready for Christmas. Measures: 1 ltr cheap bacardi, 400gm ripe blackberries, 200gm granulated sugar. Still a little too sweet for me but the boss likes it. Hope this is a help.[/code]
Midgetgem